FRRB is pleased to announce the launch of the JPIAMR Joint transnational call for proposals (JTC) 2022 “Disrupting drug resistance using innovative design”.
JPIAMR (Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance) is a global collaborative platform, engaging 29 nations to curb antibiotic resistance (AMR) with a One Health approach. To date JPIAMR has supported more than 1300 researchers in 99 projects and 38 networks with funding over 125 million Euro.
The initiative coordinates national funding to support transnational research and activities in line with the shared JPIAMR Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda.
The JTC 2022 (also referred to as the "14th JPIAMAR JTC") is open to research projects presented by international consortia composed by interdisciplinary teams of researchers. The call “Disrupting drug resistance using innovative design” involves 27 funding organisations from 18 countries. The total estimated call budget is close to 19 million Euro.
Proposals should focus on licenced antimicrobial agents (antibiotics/antifungals) or agents under pre-clinical and/or early clinical development, and should address at least one of the following topics:
1) Improvement of drug/plant protection agent efficacy and/or specificity through chemical modifications (including hit to lead optimisation)
2) Drug/plant protection agent repurposing.
3) Optimisation of drug/plant protection agent combinations, alone or with adjunct therapies (including therapeutic vaccines).
4) Design and implementation of new strategies (including optimisation of drug doses) for improved application, efficacy and delivery of single or combinations of antimicrobials.
5) Design and implementation of innovative tools, including novel chemistry and/or new materials for improved application, efficacy and delivery of antimicrobials.
Proposals can focus on one or more of the three “One-Health” settings, namely:
• Human Health, and/or
• Animal Health (including wildlife, livestock, fishes, and companion animals), and/or
• Plants (including trees and crops).
Due to its mission, FRRB will fund ONLY research activities focused on the human One health setting.
FRRB, partner of the JPIAMR, has allocated a budget of 1.500.000,00 Euro to this call.
More information on the official project page: www.jpiamr.eu
More information on the official call page: jpiamr.eu/calls/therapeutics-call-2022
According to internal procedures, Regional Foundation for Biomedical Research (FRRB) will grant an eligibility check to the potential applicants prior to the submission of the pre-proposals.
Pre-eligibility documents can be downloaded from this page, in the "Download documents" section.
FRRB provides an excel sheet to help applicants abide by FRRB funding rules. This form is meant to support the PIs in the elaboration of the budget, but it does not need to be sent to FRRB.
|Opening of the JTC 2021||11 January 2022|
|Pre-proposals deadline||8 March 2022|
|Full-proposals deadline||5 July 2022|
|Final funding decision||(December 2022)|
|FRRB Financial allocation FRRB||1.500.000 €|